Monday, December 14, 2009

My first sit up after 25 years!

Prior to October 2008, I had the MOST difficult time getting out of bed. Of course I always did but it took some TIME. My Sweetheart arose in the dark most often getting ready for work, and before he left he would bring me coffee in a thermal mug. Some days it would be an hour before I could clutch that mug safely to bring it to my lips. (*tip=thermal mug keeps it warm)

One morning October 2008, he was in the shower and the sun was shining in the windows and I felt good and I was musing back to when I was a situp champ and I did one. Struggled out 1 situp. My love comes around with coffee and I said "guess what! I did a situp". He said..."well maybe you should stop there until tomorrow". That was oddly inspiring. Before too many months passed I had 50 situps in the bag easily. I never pushed. My OWN exercise program is a slow one. Honest to God, it was SLOW. About 5 months after that first situp I had begun to develop an exercise routine IN BED, before I got up, before the weight of me was forced upon my sad feet and joints. The benefits of MY slow in bed exercise routine are bountiful. It didn't hurt me. I am not selling anything. I am not a medical practictioner and have no expert advice except for my own, which is just to say, this is my experience, so ask your doctor before doing anything dangerous, like 1 situp.

No comments:

Post a Comment